Just thought I would share a few things I have been working on this past week. Sadly, I have not been able to do much sewing:( But this is a project I began earlier in the week and am hoping to do a bit more work on this weekend.
This is a bundle of clothing I have been thrifting the past few months, adding to here and there to get the color combos I wanted. It is quite an eclectic group but I think it should be fun to see them mooshed together!
I began by cutting the clothing pieces into 5 inch strips.
Then I took about half of those strips and cut them into 5 inch squares.
After sewing pairs of squares-hey sounds like a little jingle!
I cut the remaining strips into 9 1/2 inch long strips and sewed them to the pairs of squares.
Here is a finished block
I spent some time playing with the placing of the blocks. I am excited because I have enough blocks to do a lap quilt, table runner, and some pillows! I am still always a bit surprised just how much I am able to get out of clothes! They really do go along way when you are using them for quilting! I even have a gorgeous scrap pile left too!
I will make sure to post the progress(if I make any) AND-While I love these prints and colors, they do not match my home, so someday they should be in the shop;)