Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Wonderful Start to the Day....



It has been a good morning thus far and I thought I would share a few goodies before the day got away without me...

Woke up early to get some homemade whip cream made as a yummy treat for my husband this morning. It is his birthday and a bowl of strawberries and cream was the order.


After sending him off to work and getting the kiddos going on their school work, I was able to finish the first baby quilt for this little guy. Unfortunately I worked a little to late last night and ended up with some mistakes on the backing that couldn't be fixed without ruining the fabric. Such a discouragement, but the front turned out just as I hoped. Simple with two colors that I really love together and a few touches of personality.

I think we may have all come to an agreement on the little man's "real" name, but I will give it awhile before I start setting it in stone:).

I am enjoying the school time with Bell each day and thankful to be past the being too ill to teach! Spring has sure helped too!

I also thought I would quick share something exciting that I found while at a thrift store this past week. An absolutely beautiful antique feedsack quilt that was hand quilted!! And here is the crazy cherry on top~~it was only $5!!! The tag read, "as is." You want to know what the "as is" part was...MUD, that washed out!! Now, this kind of find does not happen very often, but when it does, I am left feeling amazed and encouraged to continue hunting. I just love running my hands over the quilt as I pass the table. And I find the kids, every once in awhile studying it too. I hope someday to be able to use it in a guest room, but it will be some time before that happens:). A treasure I am saying thank you to the Lord for!!



4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! that quilt is totally amazing. i love it so much! God loves you, my friend! He knows just how to make your heart soar, doesn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lots of treasures shared in this post! Such luscious looking strawberries fixed with love, a darling quilt for your new little one, return to good health, time with your children, and a lovely piece of handmade artwork! Wonderful! Lots of blessings to be counted today!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby quilt is amazing! I love the gray and red together...I'm glad you are feeling better. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing find! And you baby quilt is so adorable. I simply love it!! I need one of those in my size. ;-)

    ReplyDelete