Monday, August 5, 2013

Repurposing an Old TV Armoire...

Years back, Matt and I had purchased this armoire to house our older tv upstairs.  But when that tv died and we ended up with a flat screen, the armoire kind of floated around the house filling temporary purposes, waiting patiently to fill a need.  It is a rather large piece for our size home, but I was confident it could fill the right spot.

When we were working on our kitchen a few months back, I also worked on the armoire at the same time, sanding it down and painting it in between kitchen projects.  But, finding the time to build it out inside, just kept eluding us, that is until this past weekend.

Matt built in permanent shelves to make it into a much needed school cabinet for me.  I have been needing a "central" location for all of my teacher's manuals, grade books and test keys for 5 different grades.  I am schooling a sophomore, 8th grader, 6th grader, 2nd grader, and 1st grader!  Not having an organized place to coordinate all of that, has certainly not been helpful.  I am clearing my brain and gearing up for a fresh year of school now.

This is the raw look of the shelves Matt built for the cabinet.


Here it is painted and filled with school books.



Looking forward to an organized school year(hopefully!)

No comments:

Post a Comment