Monday, January 31, 2011

Wool has Taken the Spotlight in my Studio....

Maybe it is just the chill of winter, but I have gone head over heals for working with wool this year! I have been playing with recycled wool sweater for over 6 years now, but this past year, they have found their way onto center stage in my studio (aka my laundry room). This time of the year, in the shop, it slows down, giving me a chance to reorganize, clean, and prioritize new projects. So a little flip occured in the space. Here is the after...





I have been trying to put what we have to a good use. Since we moved our family room to the basement this past year, I had some leftover cabinets and a countertop sitting in my garage that I decided to put in the laundry room to give me a space for designing my hats and mittens. The laundry room had just enough room. And my wool shelf moved into the space as well.

I have gotten a few new pairs of mittens made this past week.



A wild new owl pair...


Some new grape jelly mittens...

And the girls have designed their own pair of mittens.



Madi did a monster mitten...



Joslyn did a puppy pair...
Always fun to get the kids involved in my work!! Love their minds!

No comments:

Post a Comment