Friday, November 11, 2011

Money Does Grow On Trees...



I am sure many of you are feeling the pinch of the pocket book too. But it is a good lesson most of the time to be good stewards of what we are given. To treat the blessings we have with care. Being frugal is always a good thing and there is always something new to learn in that area! But t
o say that I do not worry about the finances would be a lie. The fact that is more and more difficult to make the dollar stretch to cover the basics seems to be causing my focus to dwell on money all to often. And it rears it's ugly head more often and in more ways than I would like to admit. And while I have been working at using this time to teach the kiddos how to be frugal and how to care for our gifts, I have also actually found myself saying to the kids "do you think money grows on trees?!" in moments of frustration and stretching. And here is the proof that the kids have heard it loud and clear! But humor is a true gift from the Lord, isn't it?! It can allow us to relax and laugh and remember that the Lord is taking care of us even when the kids may think that money does in fact grow on trees! My daughter Madi decorated the tree with this little gift of humor and said very proudly with a fabulous smirk on her face, "see mom, money does grow on trees." I found myself grateful in that moment for the fact that, even though my frustration comes out at the kids sometimes, they know that I love them and are not afraid to joke around with me. I know they are all working at the lessons we are teaching them, but they are also teaching us how to find joy and laughter in everyday life. I then told Madi to keep working at it, I would prefer it to be real money on a real tree while she's at it! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment