Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sewing This Past Week....

I sat down to the sewing machine this past week to work on some gifts.  It is a refreshing thing to create something that I have not in the past.  And all three of these fit the bill for that!

Our older two girls just left yesterday for a trip to Arizona with my folks.  It was the first time they were on a plane-so it was very exciting!  Flying is not really an option with there being eight of us, so I was thrilled for the experience this will be for them!  I wanted to give them each something new to take with them that I had made just for them.  For Joslyn, I made a reversible sun hat...






and for Madison, I made her a travel case for makeup...







We were also celebrating my mom's birthday and it has been a few years since I have made anything for her, so I made a new travel tote for her crocheting and such....



And Joslyn painted her suitcase, making sure it was easy to spot and was a good representation of her!  I told her it reminded me of sitting on my dorm room floor painting my luggage in a vibrant flower power for a visit home.  I also remember my dad's smirk and head shaking when he picked me up at the airport.  Funny how now he is with my daughter and again, the flowers invade the trip;).


Now I'm just adjusting to the two girls being away-still seems lonely even with four kids still home. Such a perfect example of how each child completes a family and the family is just not the same when even one is missing.  They all are such priceless pieces in God's plan for our lives!  They are having a good time though and I love the memories they are making.  

3 comments:

  1. What sweet gifts for your girls and mom. Happy and safe travels to all of them. And I just love the happy flowers on the suitcase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that bag you made for your mom! so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet gifts to send with them - you have always been a wonderful and thoughtful gift-giver. I still have very distinct memories of a beloved pink duck pillow case that I received as a high school graduation gift - still remember how beautifully it was wrapped, and I STILL treasure that pillow case so much (even though it has holes in it now). Love you much!

    ReplyDelete