Friday, June 26, 2009

Bringing It To Life...



I thought I would share a bit about two sculptures that have captivated me here at camp. They have brought scripture to life in a very real way to the eyes. They have brought a beauty to what has happened between God and man. Now imagine sitting in view of these as the dew is fresh on the ground and the sun has just risen in the sky. There is still a hush over the campground and you are able to reflect on the amazing gift the Lord has given us! FORGIVENESS AND PURITY ANEW! Or as you sit there just as the sun is setting, you can hear the voices of hundreds of students singing in the chapel, full of joy and thankfulness.

The first one is called "Opened Eyes", it is a beautifully painful expression of man after eating the apple in the garden. I always feel this ache when I look at this, but what must it have been like for Adam and Eve, who had known life without evil and sin, and then all of the sudden being awoken to those. The incredible loss they must have felt!


A hole in man's heart that ONLY God can fill!


This is what is written at the sculpture...

"You won't die!" the serpent hissed. "God knows that your eyes will be opened when you eat it. You will become just like God, knowing everything, both good and evil."

The woman was convinced. The fruit looked so fresh and delicious, and it would make her wise! So she ate some of the fruit. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her. Then he ate it too. That moment their eyes were opened, and for the first time they saw evil. it changed their spirit so it could no longer fellowship with God. For God is spirit, and it's worshipers must worship in the spirit and truth."

But there is hope God has a plan to restore our fellowship with Him. At just the right time when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.

Genesis 3: 4-7
John 4:24
John 14:15-17

That then leads to the next sculpture here at camp. God's hand reaching down to ours.





Psalm 40:1-2

I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the muck and mire;he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

Psalm18:16, 19b

He reached down from on high and took hold of me;He drew me out of the deep waters.

He rescued me because he delighted in me.

Psalm98:1

Sing to the Lord a new song, for He has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him.

Isaiah 41: 13

For i am the Lord, your God,who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear, I will help you.




I always enjoy stopping at these with our kiddos and sharing again with them, the amazing love the Lord has for us, the fact that the God who created the universe wants to have a personal relationship with us! WOW! He knows each one of us intimately. The fact that he made a way for us out of the crazy mess we have made and he did it with His own Son- the sacrifice was personal and was priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment