Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall Is Here...


Fall is here along with all those things that charm me...

The wind today has a song of it's own and sometimes it is even strong enough to knock out the power. School is out for the weekend and I can hear the kids muffled laughter outside against the sound of the humming wind. There is apple cider mulling on the stove, and chicken in the crock pot. Madi said it feels like fall now as she sips on her cider. Leaves are covering the ground making that perfect rustling sound as you walk. They smell and sound like my great grandparent's farm from when I was a wee one. Bedtimes are getting a bit easier with the sun's disapearance earlier on the clock(something this mama loves). Walks are a bit chilled and I can bundle up in a favorite sweater. And my mind is happily collecting ideas for the upcoming holidays. It is my favorite time of the year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment