Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SURVIVED OUR FIRST BLACKOUT OF THIS BLIZZARD...


Well, at around 8pm this evening our power went out, just hours after this 2 day long blizzard had begun. Now I have experienced our power being out for 3 days in the summer, and it was just inconveinant and uncomfortable in the heat, but this actually scared me as I looked at my 5 kiddos. With the snow and wind making it impossible to leave our home, and no heat, I honestly was fearful. I honestly did not expect our power being restored right in the middle of this blizzard, but it was! PRAISE THE LORD!!! Matt just awoke me to take a shift of keeping an eye on the candles we had going for heat, and to watch for flooding in our basement. But about 10 minutes after we traded spaces, the hum of electricity came on-what a beautiful sound! I am so glad Matt can sleep soundly now!!! We are by no means out of the woods, but the Lord is giving us a chance to warm up the house and get a few tasks done with the aid of our power!


Here are a few pictures of this storms progress....




These are a few hours into the storm this past afternoon.




Here is approx 10 hours into the blizzard and still going strong!! t is only 1 am in these, I cannot imagine what it will be like when we awake in the morning!

We moved the girls mattresses to the kitchen for the younger kids to sleep on to keep warm near the oven that we would briefly open every so often to let a little warmth out. We figured huddling them all together in a little space would help keep them warm. And yes, Ellie too:) There are four of them in there somewhere:)-AND THE DOG. Should i wake them and tell them we have power again-Naaa.....

No comments:

Post a Comment