Saturday, March 14, 2009

HAPPY SATURDAY CLUTCHES -VINTAGE COLLECTION
Every once in awhile a Saturday comes along in which I can simply play in the studio. Oh-how happy!!! I haven't shared to much about the shop yet, so this will be a fun way to introduce it! I have been very happily running my shop Whimsie Dots online for the last 3 years. It has given me an incredibly fun outlet for my passions, inspirations, and creations to overflow. I spend about 3/4 of my work time supplying other creatives with reclaimed fabrics and supplies as well as vintage clothing, and I spend the other 1/4 of the time creating my own designs whether it be quilts, bags , and clothing. Since the majority of my time is spent on supplies, you can imagine that I am itching to sit down and create myself!!! So that is where happy Saturdays come in!!! I finally rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, said my sleepy goodmorning to my hubby and kiddos and snuck off to the studio for my playtime!!! It just all fell into place, for it to end up to be a relaxing day. My husband and I got away for our 13th Anniversary this week and I have been on a vacation from the shop, what a fun way to ease back into work! Although what is the saying "If you love your work, you will never work a day in your life"-that is me!

These vintage clutches are fresh and new in the shop. This collection was made from vintage fabrics entirely. Some are even made with some of my vintage bed linens which I am incredibly passionate about! Each of the clutches are quilted with a thin layer of batting. The quilting is unique in each clutch. The clutches are fully lined. They have a velcro fold over closure. They are perfect for days when you only what the essentials. Forgot the 20 pound purse with your life in it. They are large enough to fit a cell, IPOD, keys, lipstick, and money. You can even use these as a large wallet that can easily slip in and out of your purse or bag. If you love bold and fun prints, this collection is perfect. I am hoping to have another Happy Saturday to make a Shabby Chic collection of them. I am always open to custom orders, just stop in the shop and send me a note.

No comments:

Post a Comment