Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ecuador Update - July 23 -5:30


Thank you to all of you following along and keeping in touch! I know the group is still so thankful for all the prayers. The team was able to get some much needed zzzzzzzz's today after a very long delay in traveling and customs. They awoke refreshed and ready to travel to Cuenca. They are traveling by bus and the trip will take approx 4 hours. The drive through the mountains is supposed to be spectacular-ahhh-God's beauty! Before boarding the bus, they stretched their legs at a park across from the hotel and were able to watch large iguanas roaming free, I guess it was quite a fun sight! Reminds me of our VBS closing night:)-reptiles galore! Once they arrive in Cuenca at the camp, they will settle in and go through orientation. Tommorow will begin their missions work. They have a concert in the evening at a local church, so please be praying for the students performing! I am unable at this point to call Matt, but he is able to call me, so I will update as often as he calls.

On a funny note, I am finally receiving my airport updates from American airlines concerning the flight from yesterday! The latest update is telling me they will arrive in Guayaquil at 9:20 yesterday evening. HUM? I do not believe they had even boarded their flight to Ecuador at that time-kind of funny-definatley not helpful:) Oh well- Till later

No comments:

Post a Comment