Wednesday, July 22, 2009

They are OFF!


Today begins the adventure for our Ecuador missions team from Harvest. My husband, Matt and five other awesome parents are leading a group of 20 students on a missions trip to Ecuador. This trip has been planned and prayed over for almost a year. So the excitement is quite contageous! The team will be meeting up with missionaries, David and Sonia Murray who are ministering through Baptist Mid-Missions. The team will be running a Vacation Bible School program in the mornings, and will be doing construction at the mission and camp where they are staying. In the evening they will be doing music in the park, youth rallies, prayer walks, and some nights just for fun and sightseeing.

Last night the group met to pack supplies for the trip, weigh luggage, and pray. Now, on a more personal side, it is not always easy to be married to a youth pastor, there are alot of nights apart and alot of trips he is gone on throughout the year. I am at home with our 5 kids. But !! being a part of the team last night and praying for them for all this time makes it absolutely worth it! I cannot wait to see what the Lord does in each of their lives and those they reach! It is exciting to know that the Lord has laid these plans out ahead of them and is with them through this whole adventure.



This morning, the team made it through check in at the airport and were waiting to board at their gate the last time I spoke to my husband. It all went off without a hitch. AND THAT IS A MIRACLE IN ITSELF! They will arrive in Ecuador tonight.

Remember to be praying for the team! And moms and dads, feel free to give me a call if you have any questions about your kiddo! I will be in touch with matt regularly. I know this is tough and I will be praying for each of you as well!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Lora! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amamda,
    I am Alyson and Lindsey's gram from Waterman, Illinois. I have been reading your blogs each day and am so thrilled to have your input. I pray for the group daily. I know that the Lord has a plan for this group, I am anxious to hear how it works out. Thank you for your loyal service to the Lord while your dear one is serving as well. God bless your family, Praying that your kiddos are getting well once again. Hope to meet you one of these days.
    Gram Burlingame

    ReplyDelete