Saturday, May 16, 2009

Prayer

Lord, I know not what I ought to ask of Thee; Thou only knowest what I need; Thou lovest me better than I know how to love myself. O Father! give to Thee child that which he himself knows not how to ask. I dare not ask either for crosses or consolations; I simply present myself before Thee. Thee, I open my heart to Thee. Behold my needs which I know not myself; see, and do according to Thy tender mercy. Smite, or heal; depress me, or raise me up; I adore all Thy purposes without knowing them; I am silent; I offer myself a sacrafice; I yeild myself to Thee! Iwould have no other desire than to accomplish Thy will. Teach me to pray; pray Thyself in me. -unknown

Romans 8:26-27

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment