Friday, May 8, 2009

What To Do With Vintage Bed Linens-#6


It has been awhile I guess, since I have shared an idea for vintage bed linens. Lets just say, I have been up to my elbows in creating with them and forgot to share! Number six is fun for so many things! If you are looking for a fun little gift to give, this will serve you well! Whether it be for a teacher, hostess of the month, secret sis, Mother's day, neighbor, friend in the hospital, or for yourself, sachets are always a fave! And there are so many wonderful fragrances out there! Lavendar seems to be a fave in my shop, but I actually am more of a spice girl than a flower girl. So if you are like me, you can also fill your sachets with orange peels, peppermint, cloves, etc. I have even made coffee bean sachets for my husbands car-yum!

The size of the sachet is completely up to you, I make mine out of 5 inch squares. I line all of mine with an extra layer of white poly cotton for a quality feel and finish. Before filling them, I will top stitch around the edge for a finished look.

The sachets are perfect for any drawer, doorknob, car, suitcase, or bathroom. But they are also wonderful for those of you who have sensitive skin and cannot use dryer sheets with chemicals on them. I have used lavendar sachets in the dryer at different times when my kiddos skin has seemed to be oversensitive and irritated. They are a wonderful smelling alternative. I feel that they work well for approx 10-15 loads of laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment